Piano Concert Talks featuring David Rodgers
Designed for organizations interested in educational, enjoyable, and musical programming, Piano Concert Talks are a fantastic option to please audiences from young to old, and anywhere in between.
NOW AVAILABLE VIA ZOOM AND IN-PERSON HYBRID (see below for details).
Each Piano Concert Talk features:
- Piano performances of songs and pieces on a given theme
- Cultural and historical fun facts and stories
- Musical Trivia Questions
- Question and answers session
Piano Concert Talk themes available now include:
- “The Evolution of the Beatles” – how the Beatles revolutionized popular music
- “Music of the Motor City” – Detroit’s best songs and artists of the 1960s
- “The Best of Jewish and Israeli Music” – Cultural, historical, and religious music from Israel, Europe, and the United States
Additional themes – NOW BOOKING for dates in July 2021 or later, include:
- “Folk Rock Revolution” – From Dylan and Croce to Simon and Garfunkle, the poetic sounds of the sixties and seventies
- “The Beach Boys and Brian Wilson” – the evolving vocal sound of the 1960s
“David presented such a wonderful program for our library this weekend! He is a very talented pianist. I received emails from some participants that they really enjoyed it. I will certainly consider having him for future programs.” – Cindy McGuire, Programming/Marketing Coordinator, Leavenworth Public Library, Leavenworth, KS (“Evolution of the Beatles” Piano Concert Talk).
“I had David do a library program for me and my patrons really enjoyed the program. The music David played was a great mix and he was very knowledgeable about the history of Motown.” Lindsey Ellison, Adult Services Librarian, Auburn Hills Library, Auburn Hills, MI (“Music of the Motor City” Piano Concert Talk).
“We enjoyed working with David Rodgers to have him bring us virtually the “Best of Jewish and Israeli Music.” Because our audience was predominantly non-Jewish, he gave us added information to the songs to help us learn and enjoy his concert.” Marlys Lien, Adult Programming Librarian, Council Bluffs Library, Council Bluffs, IA (“The Best of Jewish and Israeli Music” Piano Concert Talk).
“David Rodgers is an extremely talented pianist who performed at Hechtman Apartments for Seniors several times prior to Covid 19. The residents and staff thoroughly enjoyed his music and at the end of the show, applauded and asked me to have him return. David’s ability to play many genres of music and to engage the audience was definitely a plus.” – Libby Lavine, C.T.R.S., Former Program Coordinator, Hechtman Senior Residences, West Bloomfield, MI.
“David supported our congregation with his beautiful music. I found him reliable, responsive, and easy to work with. His repertoire ranged widely, and suited our services well.” – Rabbi Aura Ahuvia, Former Rabbi, Congregation Shir Tikvah, Troy, MI.
“Dave is a true professional: everything was smooth logistically (even the day after a snow storm at a country church) and his performance was flawless. We couldn’t have hoped for more. Thank you so much, Dave!” – Rachel Troutman, Northville, MI.
In-Person Hybrid Info:
- NEW In-Person Hybrid Format Available – David will perform over Zoom or online video, while attendees will come in person to see the show over a projector or large screen television. Interaction and questions work the same way as if David were in-person. These shows can also work for those remaining at home via online video link.
Please note show times are in the venue’s own time zone.